Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Melon Smoothie with Sago

I've been meaning to make more things so that my blog is not just all about my yelp reviews and my random visits to places. So I made an Asian Melon w/ Sago Dessert that I found here:

http://www.fussfreecooking.com/sugary-treats/coconut-milk-melon-with-sago-dessert-%E6%A4%B0%E6%B1%81%E8%9C%9C%E7%93%9C%E8%A5%BF%E7%B1%B3/

This blogger is Emily who lives in Australia. (I don't know why I like Australian food bloggers). Her blog is all about Fuss Free Cooking. I have to say this was pretty fuss free. It was fun and simple to do.

These are the ingredients used in this dessert. From Left to Right: Water, Sago(Smal Tapioca Pearls), Coconut Milk, Sugar (I used splenda instead), Salt (I ended up not using it), and 1 Cantaloupe.

In order to make this dessert, you will need: a stove, 2 pots, a blender, a mixing bowl, a large knife, and a  chopping board. I didn't have a big enough blender so I used my sister's single serve smoothie blender. It worked just fine.


Now, considering that I forgot to chill the melon mixture before I stuck it all together, it still tasted delicious. I wish I had used a little more sugar, but it was plenty sweet. The other thing I wish I had done was cook the sago just a little bit longer since my sago was a little crunchy. But overall, it was still good for a first try!

No comments:

Post a Comment