Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Truth, The Lies and Everything in between.

I have always wondered why I prefer fiction books to non-fiction. I have also always wondered why I would rather stay up all night long to read rather than sleep and dream. Well, I just finished a book about facing the truths and so I thought I'd write a little truth.

I prefer fiction books to non-fiction because they help me escape. I escape my life and my world in favor of other lives and worlds that I would much prefer. For every fiction book, even the ones with sad endings seem to be more exciting and better lives than mine. I find my life boring and unsatisfying. I was once told by a very bright person to beware that slipping of worlds. She was right.

The truth about staying up at night is not always because of depression. I have always blamed it on that. But part of the truth is I do not wish to face the new day. Nor do I wish to face my dreams or to end my day the way it is. It seems to me that I do nothing worth remembering, I talk about nothing in particular and I want to stay up in hopes that something interesting will happen. It's is a child's folly.

So in essence, I prefer the fiction and I stay up all night because I am afraid of my life and bored of it too. I wish to be someone else, to live someone else's life and I dislike mine. What a wonderful discovery, eh?

As I've always been one who touts honesty as the best option, so much so that I am honest enough to hurt everyone's feelings, I hope I can sleep now that I have posted to anyone who wants to read that I am dissatisfied with myself and my life at 5am in the morning.


Let sleeping dogs lie with my foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment