Thursday, March 12, 2009

Westboro Baptist Church

WestBoro Baptist Church, who are they?
They are a "church" who claim God hates gay people, and from everything I've read about them, God hates everyone else too. Excuse me, God hates everyone but the Westboro Baptist Church. Apparently, God even hates those who have many of the same beliefs as the WBC, as long as they oppose the WBC. The WBC have been labeled a hate group and a cult by many. I agree.

I bring them up because I heard on the radio, that the WBC may be protesting at the Illonois First Baptist Church of Maryville. Now I find this church interesting on many points.
  1. If both church are baptist, then shouldn't you be supporting them and not protesting them?
  2. Where in the bible does it say to protest and hate your fellow christians for loving sinners?
  3. Didn't Jesus love sinners? and hang out with them every day too?
  4. How come the WBC's primary income is law suits?
You know, I know God says to use the gifts he has given us, but I do not think he meant it in this way. So, to the WBC, although I doubt you'll ever read this, God loves you, but God also loves everyone esle to.

I will not judge the Westboro Baptist Church, for the bible warns us "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." - Matthew 7:1-2. I will also never do anything in vengence even though my heart wishes to, for the Lord says 'If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: 'It is mine to avenge; I will repay,'says the Lord." - Romans 12:18-19

Actually I prefer to take the route the Lord provides for us in Romans 12:20-21.
"On the contrary: 'If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.'Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." - Romans 12:20-21.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church
http://www.godhatesfags.com/

1 comment:

  1. Slamming a shovel in their face is perhaps not the route to go by, however tempting.

    Hear, hear.

    ReplyDelete