Thursday, February 18, 2010

Good Coffee and Good Music = FUN TIME!!!

So, I went to Showcase Showdown at Ebenezers Coffeehouse in DC. I went in support of my friend Joe Mikey Mapa, who is a great musician. He competed against two other artists, Olivia Mancini and Dave Chatel. I recommend that you check them out! http://ebenezerscoffeehouse.com/

So the coffee at Ebenezers was awesome, I got the mocha coffee, because it is go to coffee (besides the regular coffee 3 creams 5 sugars that is). It was very yummy, coffeey and chocolaty. So, perfectly fine coffee, if you're around Union Station and need some joe, it's just around the corner on F street, so hit it up.

Olivia Mancini played first. I really liked her music, it was catchy and really entertaining. Two of her songs that really stood out to me were Easy Way and Jealous Type. I liked her music so much I bought her cd, so that I can listen to her music whenever I want. Check her out at http://www.oliviamancini.com/

Joe Mikey Mapa is already a rockstar in my eyes, but today's performance was funny and entertaining both with his antics, anecdotes and music. He played roughly 6 or 7 songs, some christian some not. I really liked his song Not For Sale, which he wrote for an organization called, Not For Sale, a End Human Trafficking Campaign. I also enjoyed the song that he played when he was 14, it was funny how he presented it and cute. Too bad I don't remember the name of it. For more information check him out at http://joemikeymapa.com/

Last but certainly not least, since he got the most applause, Dave Chatel. My personal opinion is that he got the most applause because he brought the most people. But, that doesn't mean he wasn't also an awesome performer. Dave's words were so true when he said that writing music is like therapy without the therapist. His music was so emotional and just FILLED with emotion, that you could tell he put his whole soul in each of his songs. The only thing I didn't like was that it seemed like most of his songs were love songs, but then hey, so was Joe Mikey's. So, props to Dave, your music was awesome. If you would like to hear his music or just find out more about him you can do so at: http://www.davechatel.com/