Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Nook

So, I don't remember if I posted about this or not, but E-readers are really the best. I love paper books, I really do, but having an E-reader is just way more convenient. For example, I was on the metro the other day, and I've had The Gathering Storm by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson sitting on my dresser waiting for me to read it for 2 months. It's a HUGE hardback book, but I took it on the metro with me anyway. Since I was going home for the week, I already had my laptop bag and a plastic bag filled of stuff I needed to bring home. On top of that, I had to bring an extra small backpack, just for my hulk of a book.

Now, when I was waiting for the train to arrive, I was reading my giant book, and this guy walks over, stands next to me and pulls out his Kindle. I have a sort of prejudice against Kindles, because Kindles are so ugly. I am very superficial and shallow when it comes aesthetics of technology. My Nook, looks sleek and nice and it has a touchscreen pad while the kindle has a full QWERTY keyboard on it. It just looks....awkward. Ok, so back to my story, he pulls out his kindle and gives me this smug look. So I, being the competitive person I am, put away my giant book and pull out my wonderful and aesthetically beautiful Nook. I give him a smug look of my own. Stupid isn't it? but then, my Nook is better than you!

 
See? It's pretty!
Ok so, It's about 8 inches tall, 5 inches wide, and weighs about 12 ounces.
Not big at all. The touchpad screen works like a charm, and the updates come in regularly so that the Nook gets better and better.
The only problem it really has is that it freezes from time to time if you push too many buttons to quickly. Critics say that the Kindle is better still, but then, the Kindle has had more time on the market, and it's had more time to fix it's kinks. 

The NOOK is the E-Reader of the future!!!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you. I love the Nook. I wish I'd had one when I was reading Stephen King's "Under the Dome." You could bludgeon a person to death with that thing.

    ReplyDelete