Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Solid Delicious BGR Joint

Yesterday, I had to go buy some equipment for my video camera since I'm going to be filming a promotional video for my church today. I was just going to get some fast food for dinner, but ended up trying out a new place instead. It's kind of amazing how many restaurants there are everywhere. I could go to a new place every time I go out to eat if I really wanted to.

I tried out BGR the Burger Joint. It is a chain restuarant and the one I went to is at 229 Boardwalk Pl
Gaithersburg, MD. It was alright, but nothing spectacular. It's a solid burger joint. I would go here for lunch or dinner if I was headed to a movie with friends or something I guess.

Here's my review from Yelp!:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bgr-the-burger-joint-gaithersburg



I decided to come here because I was hungry and I had been wanting to try this place out. It was also close to Target and I needed to go there. Ok, let's get down to the nitty gritty.

Food: 4/5 stars. I ordered the Burger which is a standard hamburger and I asked for medium, I got Pepper Jack Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, and Onions. I'm trying to cut down on unnecessary calories so I didn't get fries or a drink. The burger was medium just as I asked for. With no special anything on it, it tasted just like a regular burger which is what you want out of a burger. The beef was good, not dry or overcooked and not undercooked either. The bun was a little greasy but overall didn't make me cringe or feel nauseous which is always a good thing. I don't like extremely greasy burgers. A $7 burger ($8 if you get cheese) should taste great, And this one did. They have a basket of condiments on the table so I put some A-1 sauce and hot sauce on my burger after trying it plain. Not that it wasn't a good burger on it's own, I just like A-1 and hot sauce.

Service: 3/5 Stars. The girl who took my order was alright. The problem is that It was 8:30pm when I showed up, so there was only 1 other person who ordered while I was there, but they took a really long time to make my burger.

Decor: 3.5/5 stars. It was nicely decorated, good music was playing and they have that cool drink dispenser that gives you all those options for drinks. Too bad I didn't notice it before I ordered because I just ended up with water. The place was clean, it wasn't tacky and the music wasn't too loud. Not bad in my book.

Overall: 3.5/5 Stars. A place named BGR the Burger Joint, should wow you with it's burgers. But they didn't really. So it's more on the 3 side of that 3.5 stars. Maybe when I try the fries and the shakes I'll like the place better. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment