Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Non-Sushi Japanese Food!

So, I've decided to start posting my yelp reviews here as well. You can always go to Yelp and take a look, but it seems like a good idea to me. My First post is for Temari Japanese Cafe.

Temari's is located at 1043 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852 right across from the Taco Bell in the same shopping center as the Potomac Pizza. It's a really small place and it only has maybe 10-12 tables, so this is not a place to go to bring a large group. It's a hole in the wall without looking like one. Oh, by the way, they do serve sushi but it's not the only thing they are known for.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/temari-japanese-cafe-rockville#hrid:REs7-eT09PMaf1MBGirasA

Here's my review from Yelp:

Ok wow. Just Wow. I do NOT give 5 stars very often. But, I went here tonight with a friend for some much needed catching up and we had a hard time deciding what we were going to eat. After much mulling, I chose to try the ramen. I'm so glad I did!

Food: 5/5 stars. I got the Tonkatsu Ramen. The pork was tender, the soup was perfectly seasoned and the veggies were yummy. What more can you ask for? I kept exclaiming how good the broth was because, it was some pretty good broth. My friend got the Sake Shiyoyaki, which is a fancy japanese name for salmon in teriyaki sauce. She liked it, I kind of forgot to ask her what she would rate her food. We ended dinner with Green Tea Mochi. It wasn't what we were expecting. It didn't taste bad, just different. What can I say? Not everything is for everybody. It doesn't detract from how delicious my ramen was.



Service: 4/5 stars. The was attentive, the food came relatively fast, she filled up our waters. Not spectacular, but service was good enough to stay around 4 stars.

Decor: Nothing notable, so I won't comment.

Overall: The fact that I found a place where I really like their ramen warrants a 5 star rating out of me. Kind of expensive-ish though. So if you aren't getting ramen ($10.95) look to be spending around $15 for your entree and $5-$8 for appetizers.

No comments:

Post a Comment