Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pumpkins!!!!

I decided late last night that I wanted to go pumpkin picking. It's not surprising that very few people were available to go with me. But surprise! One of my old college roommates decided to come with me! I ended up getting 4 pumpkins and apple cider. We went to Butler's Orchard. Butler's Orchard is pretty nice. The people are friendly and the pumpkins were plentiful. The only thing I didn't like is that all the pumpkins were cut off the vines but the vines were left around for people to trip on as they walked around. There were numerous rotted pumpkins everywhere. As it was, it was $0.65/lb for a pumpkin and it cost me about $22 for 4 pumpkins. I got 2 medium and 2 small pumpkins.
It was kind of sad to say that this is one of the better looking pumpkins and it's looks so nice because It turned it around. The other side is all marred up. But it was a nice size I suppose. I'm guessing it was because it's the end of the season, but there weren't that many good pumpkins around.

The Farmer's Market was a lot better than the pumpkin patch. It was clean, with plenty of people and products. I thought it was really funny that they spelled Bok Choy as Pak Choy. A lot of things were pretty expensive, but then, that's to be expected at Farmer's Markets. There was also apparently a Fall Festival but today was apparently the last day. We were going to go but it was $11 a person. I thought that was kind of ridiculous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment