Friday, October 26, 2012

Dumplings! Nope, Just Pho.

It is just a short walk from University of Maryland College Park. I may have been a little harsh in my review, but read and decide for yourself. They got an overall 3 stars at least.

Here's the Yelp! Review:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pho-thom-college-park

I wasn't very impressed with this place. First of all, I was looking forward to District Dumpling, but apparently the place is closed. So we went to Pho Thom instead. Wasn't very happy but, didn't want to walk anywhere else either. Yes, I was forced to walk to find food.

Food: 2.5/5 stars. I got a large P-3 which included Well Done flank, Eye of Round and tendons. The broth was alright, but had a bland after taste which was quickly covered up by sriracha sauce. Yum! The meat was well cooked. We also got the Chicken Satay. Some of the pieces weren't cooked all the way through. Yep, slightly raw chicken, not a good sign. The peanut sauce was greasy and unappetizing looking, but the cucumber sauce was yummy. Probably won't be getting the Chicken anytime soon.


Service: 3/5 stars. They were really packed but it's also a small restaurant. Maybe 15 tables max? the waiter took a REALLY long time to come get our order which is surprising since most Vietnamese restaurants want you in and out ASAP. The food came relatively fast and they didn't ignore us completely. The waitress there was also very nice even though she wasn't our waitress. But at least she greeted us nicely and said good-bye to us nicely. .5 stars more just for her.

Decor: 3/5 stars. It was nicely colored and I kind of liked the open space and the front desk even though it was plain. I think because the outside was so dingy looking that since the inside was somewhat nice, I was happy. Or it could have been the fact that I had to walk 20 minutes to get to my food and I was happy to sit down to a non gray colored table.

Overall, I'm giving it a 3 stars because I wasn't really offended by the raw food and the Pho really wasn't bad. I may not come here much, but it doesn't seem like a bad place. I even felt bad that I had to give them a coin tip because I ran out of cash. Just avoid anything on a skewer and you'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment